How To Set Up A Volleyball Net
When it comes to setting up a volleyball net, it is necessary to follow the recommended setting guide. However, you can position your volleyball net either indoor or outdoor, depending on your needs. Equipping yourself with skills pertaining the handling and maintaining your volleyball net is a key to a long-lasting net. We will take you through the steps that will aid in setting your net for both indoor and outdoor.
Step by step on How to set up a Volleyball net
Playing volleyball has been emphasized when it comes to body fitness. So, if you have been looking for a way to burn calories, then volleyball will be best for you. Similarly, having an entertaining game within your homestead makes your home lively and strengthens your family’s bond. What makes volleyball more unique is that it is full of fun hence no more boredom when you are at your home.
How to set a volleyball net indoor
Setting an indoor volleyball net, you should be handled with care so that you won’t interfere or cause damages. However, here are the steps:
- Locate the floor plates. Once you have located, insert an Allen wrench and turn it until the plates are loosened and remove them. Floor plates are often used to secure the nets.
- Position the volleyball poles. After removing the plates, check whether there is dirt or any obstructions in the holes, clean it if necessary, then insert the poles while holding it upright.
- Twists the poles from the bottom to adjust to your preferred height and if your poles don’t allow to be modified, then use pole spacers.
- Tie the net on both poles firmly. The poles are often designed with hooks. Make sure you tighten the winch appropriately. Similarly, some straps come with the net, so ensure you secure them properly to the poles. Most volleyball nets are equipped with two straps positioned in the middle and the bottom.
- Ensure that the excess straps are tied on the poles to prevent accidents.
- Position the antenna at the top of the net if needed to check on fouls easily.
How to set a volleyball net outdoor
For the outdoor volleyball net setting, here are the steps:
- Take the measurements of your preferred position. Make sure that you locate it in the middle of your court. Measurements should be taken based on the space you have, but for a spacious place, take the length to be 18m, and the width is 9.1m.
- Using the measurements you have obtained, locate the volleyball poles’ position then unroll the net.
- You can adjust poles to your preferred height. Most of the poles are equipped with a button that enables easy adjusting.
- Attach the ropes extended to the swivel clip. The clip should be located away from the volleyball post to increase the firmness of the poles.
- Ensure that you position the pole upright.
Setting up a volleyball net might look challenging, but our guide is guaranteed a successful process. You should also be able to take care and be able to maintain to avoid any unnecessary damages. Similarly, keep checking whether the poles require repositioning if they are loose. We also advise you to check on the user manual before setting so that you won’t mishandle it.