Jogging or Running for Health and Fitness
Jogging is a type of exercise that involves running at a very slow or more leisurely pace. This is intended to enhance physical fitness while at the same time putting less stress on the body than other forms of exercise can cause. This is almost like walking but faster at a speed that is steady for longer periods of time.
Mothers and babies
Almost one in every five people will try jogging at some stage in their life. It is an exercise that is appealing since it doesn’t cost a lot to take up this sport and you are able to go for a run at a time each day that suits you. Many mothers with young babies will still jog while using the best running stroller to use to keep their babies with them. Some joggers choose to take part in fun runs, athletic races or marathons – these are the people whose jogging has become faster.
Benefits of running or jogging
Jogging or running offers many benefits to a person’s health. These benefits include:
- Helps to build stronger bones, as it is an exercise that is weight-bearing
- Strengthens various sets of muscles
- Improves cardiovascular fitness
- Burns calories
- Helps to maintain a healthy weight
Goals from jogging
If you have just begun jogging you might want to set some specific goals such as:
- Getting fit – Starting with a brisk walk, progressing to jogging and working up to a run.
- General fitness – Mix jogging or running with other forms of exercise to maximize overall fitness.
- Weight loss – Together with jogging adjust your diet to include vegetables and fresh fruit, wholegrain cereals and low-fat dairy products. Cut out most dietary fats, fast foods, soft drinks as well as sugar.
- Companionship – Run with a friend or join a running club.
- Competition – Running clubs might offer competitive events, and offer sessions designed for beginners to advanced runners.
Whether you jog for health and fitness or for companionship, it is an enjoyable way to exercise.