Most Popular Mobile Gaming Genres Of 2021
It is undeniable that the mobile games market is booming at an unparalleled rate. Mobile games have successfully created a buzz in the online world be it with action games, barbie dress-up games, or kitchen games. Many gaming companies are being heavily invested. They are constantly developing and launching new games and updating the old ones. This has become a multi-million dollar industry that is bringing gamers around the world together through online leagues and tournaments.
The gaming industry is totally dependent on innovation. It is constantly changing for the better. Over the years with technological advancements, better control, new and smarter concepts major developments are taking place in the gaming industry. Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Sony, and Tencent are some of the top gaming companies in the world. They are known for their amazing graphics and user interface in games like Grand theft auto (GTA), PubG, FIFA, etc. These games are not just for kids or teenagers. Adults are equally loving mobile gaming.
These mobile games include a lot of variety – from cricket or football games to cooking games to adventure games, etc. All these mobile games fall into different categories/genres like action, adventure, sports, strategy, puzzles, etc. Below are some of the most popular mobile game genres for 2021.
- Action Games – Action games are the most popular game genres. These games give us an adrenaline rush and challenges that excite us. The majority of these games are designed with a first-person perspective where the power lies in the player’s control. It is almost like escaping reality and experiencing our free and wild imagination. Games like Call Of Duty, Fortnite, Pubg, are popular in the action genre. These games test and improve the player’s hand-eye coordination, reflexes, and reaction time.
- Sports Games – Sports games have existed since the very beginning of the gaming culture and are still one genre that is the most popular around the world. Sports games are games that simulate real-life physical sports like cricket, football, etc. While we play and control one team, the opposing team is controlled by bots or artificial intelligence. Some games actually follow the real rules and tactics of the physical sport. The most popular example in this category is the FIFA series. FIFA is a football-based game and has been very popular for its amazing graphics and user experience.
- Adventure Games – Another huge favorite that almost intertwines with the action genre is adventure games. These games are story-based and use the narrative to set the gameplay. These games include solving puzzles, completing tasks to keep progressing forward with the story and adventure. The exciting storyline binds the player throughout the game. Some great examples of adventure games are The Walking Dead, Harry Potter, Metroid, etc.
- Racing Games – Racing games are exactly what the name suggests. You race against the competitor to win the game. It could be car racing or bike racing or any other type of race. Racing games have been around for decades and are popular among all age groups. Some popular examples of racing games are Super Mario Kart, Need For Speed, and Night Driver.
- Simulation Games – Simulation games are designed to simulate the real world and real-world activities. These games simulate the designed character along with the activity and management. Simulation games have many subcategories that include city simulation, restaurant games, surgery games, etc. These games are not just great for entertainment but can also be great for learning. Simulation games can be super addictive as they give the player freedom of action which is not available in other games.