Smart Wall Climbing Options You Would Cherish
If you already need more than a few minutes every day about your choice of clothing, you will probably also wonder intensively what on earth you should wear when you go bouldering. This article will help you with your clothes, so that afterwards you spend less time with your clothes and more with bouldering.
Tips in general
Here are some general tips that are useful to know in advance:
Your clothes can be damaged by chafing or tearing. You may accidentally run your leg along the wall in London Climbing. Or that you make a really crazy move that makes you rip your pants. So don’t put on your best clothes and know that it can break.
Sweat. You are guaranteed to sweat a lot, from the effort and tension. Especially when you are 4 meters above the ground and you have to go one step further. So your clothes can get dirty with sweat. Match your clothes with special dry-fit or sports clothes, or if you don’t want to buy them specially, you can also try it with an older shirt first.
- Washing tip 1: For your sweaty clothes, use a detergent that breaks down proteins
- Washing tip 2: Wash sweaty clothes as soon as possible, don’t let the sweat settle in.
- Washing tip 3: Cold water (hand wash or washing machine). If you wash it hot, the proteins in the sweat will solidify and you will not get the sweat stains out.
You are going to make crazy movements that you do not need in daily life. It is very annoying when you only find out while climbing that your pants are sinking, your underwear is crawling up, your shirt is crawling up, etc.
You don’t need special clothing for occasional bouldering. But once you get the hang of it, you can buy 1 or 2 (or 3) sets of sportswear that you always have ready in the closet. This way you can put a set in your bag within 1 minute and leave for the bouldering hall. For Climbing Wall London this you have to keep in mind.
- If you have long hair, bring 1 or 2 hair elastics. Does your ponytail sag regularly? Then try 2 elastics (on / behind each other) in your tail, that will stay in place better and longer.
- Medium length hair or bangs: A headband or headband can pull the hair out of your face.
- For your safety and convenience, do not wear jewelry while bouldering. Large jewelry can get in the way or be pulled off (a torn earlobe for example). You could also accidentally fall or bump your piercing.